POSTED: February 13, 2020
At Covail, we work across all industries to develop cybersecurity and AI solutions that drive measurable business results. Collaboration is the cornerstone of our approach because it allows companies to accelerate learning, adopt best practices, and lower the time and risk associated with realizing business value from proven approaches and solutions.
Some of our greatest collaborative successes have led to innovative solutions including:
Rapid Routing: Improve the customer experience while saving time and money using artificial intelligence (AI) to respond more quickly to customer inquiries received by chat, email, or phone. The result is a more consistent, accurate, and cost-effective approach to request categorization. See how it works
Predictive Staffing: Forecast business demands and make smarter resource decisions resulting in scheduling and staffing to match anticipated demand. Get the fact sheet
Audit Quick Insights: Shift from small-sample, manual audits to full population, continuous audits using automation and analytics. This results in having more time to focus on investigations and reporting actionable insights. Learn more
Security Program Assessments: Our security experts evaluate the maturity of organizations’ IT security programs, prioritizes security efforts and address the gaps that are putting them at risk. Get the fact sheet
Vulnerability Management Solution: Enabling companies to make more informed decisions about threat and vulnerability management through a real-time, 360-degree view of cybersecurity attacks, risks, and threats. Learn more
Discovery Workshops: Our experts partner with business stakeholders, users, and relevant SMEs to identify top business challenges and recommend solutions such as machine learning, cognitive services, and robotic process automation that will drive immediate ROI for the organization. Get the fact sheet
As we enter a new year and a new decade, we’re proud to reflect on the amazing accomplishments and memorable events of 2019:
FloCon 2019 | New Orleans, Louisiana
- Data Scientist Brenden Bishop presented Improved Hunt Seeding with Specific Anomaly Scoring and shared a flexible, open-source tool for non-parametrically modeling multivariate densities of network logs. Attendees gained insight into the potential benefits available through iteratively collaborating with statistical engineers/data scientists, such as the construction of highly customizable models for specific phenomena on specific networks.
- Vice President, Jeff Schmidt, also presented his talk Information Marketplace for Policy and Analysis of Cyber-risk & Trust (IMPACT). The IMPACT project supports the global cyber-risk research community by coordinating and developing real-world data and information-sharing capabilities—tools, models, and methodologies.
InfoSec 2019 | Columbus, Ohio
We were proud to have two keynote speakers from our organization represent us at InfoSec this year:
- Jody Denner, who led a panel discussion titled Ethics vs. Compliance: What is the difference and why is it critical for success in information security?
- Our cybersecurity assessment team introduced our NIST & MITRE ATT&CK™ crowdsourced initiative on GitHub to the greater community for assistance in mapping NIST security controls via CWE/CVE® to ATT&CK™.
useR! 2019 | Toulouse, France
We are very enthusiastic about open source software and the R language, so we sent Data Scientists– Abbas Rizvi, Katie Sasso-Schafer, and Slava Nikiti–to useR! this year. Abbas gave a talk on our development of photon, an R package that features a miniUI RStudio add-in, which allows Mac and Windows users to build an Electron-Shiny app with minimal effort. There was a lot of interest in photon, and our data scientists had an amazing time.
Covail (formerly Columbus Collaboratory) was recognized for its artificial intelligence (AI) expertise:
- Vice President and Chief Analytics Officer, Brian Sampsel, was featured in a Forbes article focused on how companies are responding to AI as a tool for business. Brian was also a featured speaker on intelligent automation at Columbus TEDx.
- Director of Product Management, Amanda Vu, was promoted for her product leadership.
- Director of Data Science, Katie Sasso-Schafer, was promoted for her contributions. Katie was also named a 30under30 in tech in Columbus.
In The News
Using Artificial Intelligence to Support the Fight Against Cancer
We used data analytics to help further the cause of Pelotonia, a grassroots organization that raises money to accelerate funding for innovative cancer research. Read the release
Vulnerability Management Solution Elevates Enterprise Security
We’re excited to launch our threat-centric Vulnerability Management Solution as a managed service, designed to enable companies to make informed security decisions and prioritize risks through a real-time, 360-degree view of attacks, risks, and threats. Read the release
SOC 2® Type 2 Report
We successfully completed a Service Organization Control (SOC) 2® Type 2 Report examination by independent auditing firm GBQ Partners. The report plays a key role in establishing trust for those that work with us. Read the release
- Added 10 new customers in the 2nd half of 2019;
- Hosted 20+ events and briefings; and
- Contributed to the following local organizations/conferences:
- You can stay connected with us through our website, where you’ll find all of the latest news about what we’re doing or subscribe to this blog for ongoing updates and information.
We look forward to another great year ahead!